By default, the Ravello Training Portal uses HTTP for admin, trainer and student connections and ongoing work. Sometimes, you want to force the Training Portal to use an HTTPS connection. This can be done by installing your organization’s trusted certificate, and then performing some basic configuration changes in the Training Portal NGINX server.
This article explains how to do this.
- Log in as the root user to the VM where the Training Portal server is running.
- Install an SSL certificate. (For instructions on how to create an SSL certificate, see: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/ssl-certificate-self.)
- Edit the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
- Add the following text under the 'http' section of the file:
5. In the 'ssl_certificate' and 'ssl_certificate_key' lines, enter the full path and key
files of the SSL certificate you installed.
6. Save the file.
7. Restart the nginx service by running this command from the CLI:
service nginx restart