If your VM is running on a vCenter of vSphere, you can extract it directly from its location and upload it to your Ravello account.
This process has no impact on the source VM.
Note: You must stop the VMs before extracting them.
To extract and upload VMs from vCenter or an ESX server:
- On the Library > Disk Images page, click Import Disk Image.
- When prompted, enter the password you use to log on to Ravello. The Ravello VM Import Tool main page opens, listing the VMs already imported and their status.
- Click Upload to import additional VMs.
- Select Extract and upload directly from vCenter or vSphere, and click Next.
- Enter the vCenter or an ESX IP address or host name, together with the necessary login credentials, and then click Next.
Note: If you do not know the credentials, contact your System Administrator for assistance.
Note: The top level of the hierarchy displayed varies according to whether you connect to a vCenter or a an ESX server.
6. On the Select a VM page, drill down to locate and select the VM to extract.
7. (Optional) If you prefer to extract the VM now but upload it later, select Export only and click Choose folder
to specify the location where you want to save the extracted VM.
Note: You can upload the VM later by selecting Upload a VM from OVF file or Ravello Export file in the Ravello VM Import Tool.
8. Click Upload.
The VM is added on the VM Import Tool main page. The progress of the upload process is indicated for each VM.