Recovering a VM can be useful when unknown issues occur, for example, problems with cloud providers / issues connecting to the cloud storage. Such issues are intermediate and Ravello has a retry mechanisms that should handle those, however from time to time some issues are resilient to all retries.
- In the VMs tab or in the published instance design, select the VM you want to recover and click More > Recover. The VM Recovery dialog box is displayed.
- Select one of the following options:
- Repair: Repairs and restarts the VM with its current settings, this option is 100% safe and just triggers the start action for the VM and re-sends the configuration.
- Republish: The VM will revert to the most recent snapshot. All content on the VM will be replaced. You must select I understand the risk in order to enable this option. Republish VM should be done only in two conditions in order not to loose data:
- When the VM was got into error while Publishing.
- When the VM got into error while Starting.