Before you can upload your own machine images, you need to download and install the VM Import Tool.
The VM Import Tool can be used in two ways:
- From within the Ravello user interface (UI VM Import Tool)
- From the CLI, which allows you to upload your VMs offline and automate the upload process.
To install the VM Import Tool in the UI:
1 On the Library > VMs page, click Import VM. If the VM Import Tool has not been installed,
the Download VM Import Utility window is displayed.
2 Specify the operating system type.
3 Select Download GUI VM Import Tool.
4 Complete the installation as follows:
- For a Windows operating system, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the tool.
- For a Mac operating system, double-click the downloaded file, ravello_mac.dmg, and drag it into the installation folder.
- For a Linux operating system, download and extract the installation file, ravello_linux.tar.gz. This creates the Ravello folder. Run the Ravello\installer.sh file to install the utility. If a dependency is missing, follow the on-screen instructions to install the missing dependency.